Title: Architecture of the invisible. An alternative to architectural post-modernisation.
- Author(s): Maria Asunción Salgado de la Rosa.
- Magazine (magazine): Journal of criticism and architecture theoryDepartment of Architectural Composition, UPC
- Pages: 71-80.
- ISSN: 1139-5559.
- Summary: The path through which today’s architecture runs is conditioned by several factors, including: overexposure, a marked theoretical ambiguity and the paradigm shift that has been the digital revolution. In this breeding ground, it is impossible to find a single direction to go to but rather a wide range of bets that in different ways try to weather this environment of uncertainty.
- Keywords: Economy, digital revolution, postmodernization, diagram, parametric architecture, physiological architecture.
- Abstract: The current course of Architecture is conditioned by factors such as economical overexposure, deep theoretical ambiguity, or the shift of paradigm derived from the digital revolution, amongst others. In such an environment, it is no longer possible to find a single direction to follow. Instead, we find a wide range of initiatives to try to deal with this feeling of uncertainty in different ways.
- Keywords: Economics, digital revolution, postmodernization, diagram, parametric architecture, physiological architecture.
- Link: http://oa.upm.es/14434/