Title: Disarquitectura, the intellectual disability as a means of architectural cognition.
- Author(s): Angel B. Comeras Serrano.
- Director(s): Javier Raposo Grau and Margarita de Luxón García de Diego.
- Summary: This research analyzes the perceptual characteristics in built environments, of a specific sector of people with intellectual disabilities. It develops architectural cognitive strategies that provide for this collective an improvement in the functioning and use of buildings and that serve everyone, without any limitation or distinction. The objective of this thesis is to incorporate a construct of that specific sector of intellectual disability, based on essays of artistic expression (cultural environment (DI), architectural essays (di architectural environment) and teaching essays (environment educational DI) that serves to establish and order a multidimensional system, called Disarchitecture, initiating criteria of attention to the project processes and the built environments, of any type, scale and use. These three environments of intellectual disability are contrasted with the general environments, used by all, to demonstrate that there are no limitations in the use of cognitive architecture for the rest of society. To achieve this goal, a tour is carried out by the necessary parameters that solve the problems existing in the usual operation of people with perceptual limitations, creating Architectural Communication Systems (SARC) that serves six basic dimensions: I-Generation, II-Transition, III-Circulation, IV-Cognoscitive, V-Activation and VIEmation.The multidisciplinary treatment given in this thesis, along with the use of a vulnerable sector, such as intellectual disability , are the fundamental bases for contacting and obtaining from a part of society applications in architecture that serves for all citizens.
- Abstract: This research analyzes the perceptual features, in built environments, of a specific sector of people with intellectual disabilities. It will develops some cognitive architectural strategies that will improve the performance and the usual use of the buildings for that collective and will serve for all the people, without any limitation or distinction. The objective of this thesis is to incorporate a construct of that specific sector of intellectual disability, based in trials of artistic expression (cultural environment ID), architectural trials (architectural activity ID) and teaching trials (educational trials environment ID) that will serve to establish and organize a multidimensional system, called Disarchitecture, starting criteria of attention project processes and built environments, of any typology, scale and use. These three environments of intellectual disability are contrasted with common environments, used by all the people, to demonstrate that there don't exist any limitations in the use of the cognitive architecture to the rest of the society. To reach this objective, a tour is done over the necessary parameters to solve the existing problems in the normal functions of people with perceptual disabilities, creating Architectural Systems of Communication (ARC) that meet six basic dimensions: I-Generation, II-Transition, IIICirculation, IV-Know, V-Activation and Vi-Emotion. , are the essential bases to contact with and to get from a part of the society, applications in architecture that will serve for all the citizenship.
- Link: http://oa.upm.es/48609/