Title: Graphical rhetoric. The drawing of the architect as a critical communication tool. (2017)
- Author/author: María A. Salgado, Javier F. Raposo and Belen Butragueño
- Magazine (magazine): Individual Art and Society
- Pages: 587-602
- ISSN: 1988-2408
- DOI: 10.5209/ARIS.56053
- Summary: Between the sixties and eighties of the twentieth century, coinciding with the gradual abandonment of the International Style and the adoption of the ideas of postmodernity in architecture, the drawing of architects experienced a period of explosion unprecedented creative. A drawing that, with all its expressive burden, was put at the service not only of the representation of architecture, but also of criticism. The expressiveness and quality of these drawings often contrasted with the uniformity of many of the heir constructions of the International style.With the perspective of time, the analysis and revision of any of these proposals will serve the whole of the architects, not only to build a map of the architectural critic's drawing of this period, also serves to lay the foundations for the new communication strategies in architecture that are yet to come.
- Keywords: Drawing, criticism, post-modernity, architecture.
- Abstract: Between the sixties and eighties of the last century, concurring with the gradual abandonment of the International Style and the adoption of the ideas of postmodernism in architecture, the architects' drawing a period of unprecedented creative explosion. All the expressive power of the drawing, was supporting not only the representation of the architecture, but also the critic. The expressiveness and quality of these drawings often contrasted with the uniformity of many of the constructions heirs of the International style. With the perspective of time, the analysis and the revision of some of these proposals will serve the architectural community, not only to build a map of the architectural critic drawing of this period, but also to lay the foundations of the new strategies of communication in architecture that are yet to come.
- Key words: Drawing, review, postmodernity, architecture.
- Link: http://oa.upm.es/48520/