R&D+I PROJECT: (R+D+I projects)
Title: Design Tools at VIVA Avant-gard Social Housing Competition. (2014)
- Author/author:Nicolas Maruri Gonzalez de Mendoza, Antonio Miranda, Rafael Pina, Fernando Casqueiro, Silvia Colmenares, Emilio Pemjeam, Enrique Delgado, Eduardo Roig Segovia, Atxu Amann Alcocer and Beatriz Isabel Amann.
- Financial institution: SEPES Public Entity Business Of Suelo is a public body attached to the Spanish Ministry of Development.
- Summary: The research analyzes the projects awarded in the VIVA International Competition 'Vanguardia Protected Housing' organized in 2008 by SEPES from the perspective of the tools of the architectural project. From a commitment to critical objectivity, studies are structured around ten categories: urban morphology, program and lifestyles, measurement, flexibility and hierarchy, interior-outdoor, space, sustainability and project representation. For each of them, specific questionnaires are formulated that interrogate projects about their reality and which are the scientific basis of research. These critical tools are built for the first time and specifically for this work, but can be applied to any other project, they constitute an analysis methodology.
- Abstract: This research analyzes the awarded projects at VIVA 'Avant-garde Social Housing' International Competition, promoted by SEPES on 2008 from the perspective of design tool for the architectural project. Rooted on a firm compromise with critical objectivity, the study is structured within ten categories: urban morphology, programme and lifestyles, measurement, flexibility and hierarchy, interior-outdoor, space, sustainability and design representation. Specific questionnaires are developed for each of these categories, which questions the project about its own reality and which are the scientific base of the research. These critical tools are created for the first time and specifically for this research project, but can be applied to any other design. They constitute an analysis methodology.
- Link: http://dpa-etsam.aq.upm.es/gi/arkrit/proyectos-de-investigacion/instrumentos-de-proyecto-en-el-concurso-viva-vivienda-protegida-de-vanguardia/