BOOK CHAPTER: (Book's chapter)
Title: A New Academic Field: Enrolment of video games in the university.
- Author(s): Eduardo Roig Segovia, María de las Nieves Mestre Martínez.
- Publisher: Springer International Publishing.
- Book's title: Architectural Draughtsmanship.
- Pages: 145-158.
- ISBN: 978-3-319-58855-1.
- DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-58856-8_12.
- Summary: The format of the game seems revealing to explore a series of architectural phenomena: the architect is currently actively inscribed in the construction of interactive digital places as part of extensive work teams Multidisciplinary. Originally linked to military experiments and computer labs, the video game genre is rather implicit in research and academic learning literature. The number of university programs that consider this issue a problem beyond technological devices or mere entertainment has increased exponentially. The purpose of this communication is to advance the emergence of a video game pedagogy that promotes its inclusion in the university curriculums of architecture. This article proposes a topographical analysis of the game with a clear pedagogical intention to structure a hypothetical bachelor's course of video games, preferably in the field of knowledge of design and graphics ideation.
- Keywords: Video games, architecture, gameplay, cybernetics, google glass.
- Abstract: The format of video game players revealing to explore a number of architectural phenomena: the architect is nowadays actively enrolled in the construction of interactive digital places as part of extensive multidisciplinary work teams. Originally linked to military experiments and computer labs, video game gender is rather implied on research and academic learning literature. The number of university programs considering this subject an issue beyond technological gadgets or mere entertainment exponentially increased. The purpose of this communication is advancing in the emergence of a video games pedagogy promoting its inclusion in architecture university curricula. This paper proposes a topological analysis of the video game with a clear pedagogical structure a following video game undergraduate course, preferably under the field of knowledge of design ideation and graphics.
- Keywords: Videogames, architecture, gameplay, cybernetic, google glass
- Link: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-58856-8_12