Title: »Speculations»: propaedeutic workshop of strategic actions linked to the project. (2014)
- Author(s): Atxu Amann Alcocer and Gonzalo Pardo Díaz.
- Magazine (magazine): HypoTesis Numbered Series.
- Pages: 44-51.
- ISSN: 2340-5147.
- Summary: Between reality and knowledge there is always a vacuum in which, to a greater or lesser degree, a political intention is exercised. Knowledge is always crossed in some way by power, and the debate about disobedience in education must deal with this tension. Obedience and disobedience in knowledge should not be understood as opposite terms but as differential or alternating moments in any progression in the course of knowledge. Power masks itself behind various notions of institutional knowledge: neutrality, objectivity, reason, method, clarity, estrangement, sanity. Knowing how these categories are used by knowledge to submit to and masking power is a fundamental condition for learning to disobey, and to, when the time comes, to consider that it should be disobeyed. That the time has come for delirium, of the feast of knowledge.
- Keywords: Disobedience, know, power.
- Abstract: The gap between reality and knowledge is always a space in which a political intentionality is exerted to a greater or lesser degree. Knowledge is somehow always traversed by power, and the debate on disobedience in education must address this tension. Obedience and disobedience in knowledge should not be understood as opposite terms but rather as differential or alternating moments throughout the progression in the course of learning. Power is masked behind various notions dear to institutional knowledge: neutrality, objectivity, reason, method, clarity, distancing, sanity… Knowing how these categories are used by knowledge in order to be subjected and to mask power is a fundamental condition when learning to disobey, and at a certain point, considering what one must disobey. It is time for delirium, for the festival of wisdom.
- Key words: Disobedience, knowledge, power.
- Link: http://oa.upm.es/36221/