COMMUNICATION IN CONGRESS: (Communication in conference)
Title: Urbe Ludens: the pleasure of «doing together» city. (2015)
- Author(s): Angelique Trachana.
- Conference’s title: Art and City, VII Days, IV International Meetings.
- Place (place): Complutense University of Madrid, CSIC, Madrid.
- Summary: Traditional city patterns are reviewed from canonical-institutional urbanism that compare with some new paradigms of playful, informal, ephemeral, alternative community spaces that are created from the bottom with the citizen participation. These innovative practices are usually based on new communication tools and information for everyday use that give the citizen the capacity to organize, collaborate, propose and have weight in decision-making about the city; to ultimately release their creativity and to act collectively.
- Abstract: The traditional patterns of making a city are reviewed from the canonical-institutional urbanism that is compared with some new paradigms of playful, informal, ephemeral, alternative community spaces that are created from below with citizen participation. These innovative practices are generally based on the new communication and information tools of everyday use that provide the citizen with the ability to organize, collaborate, propose and have weight in the decision-making about the city; to finally liberate their creativity and act collectively.
- Link: http://oa.upm.es/42177/